Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A bad choice in bread

Lately I have been baking bread.  Having tried many different kinds of store bought bread I came to the conclusion that everything there fits into two categories:  Pricey and bad.  The bad stuff is largely crammed full of high fructose corn syrup and other additives I have no interest in and also tastes blechy, and even the really expensive stuff is hit and miss.  Much better to bake my own since that way I can also make raisin bread, which is awesome.


Mmmm, yummy raisin bread.  I am still working on getting the formula just right to achieve perfect density too since this one didn't rise quite enough but the taste is great and butter melting over home made raisin bread that is still hot from the oven is sexay.

I have a caveat though.  Even though raisin bread is great you don't want to bake it when you are intending on serving bruschetta on it.  Raisin bread is great, bruschetta is great, bruschetta on raisin bread is not great.  You know, in case you were wondering.


It turns out that store bought baguettes are much better with my bruschetta than my raisin bread is.  Lesson learned.  Normal people would just assume this to be true, but I am a little bit special sometimes.


1 comment: