Thursday, November 29, 2018

I need more filth

My new routine, which I outlined in my previous post, seems to be working.  I have determined that I need to work out, clean things, shop, and write every day before I take any time to goof off on the internet.  Elli is on a similar routine and that structure seems to be a good one, despite the rocky start and initial shock.

I have a problem though.

My condo isn't dirty enough.  After five days of mandatory cleaning time the bathroom is sparkling.  I can't just throw another cleaning session at it, so today I cleaned the stove.  It has been a long time since I did that, and honestly I don't even remember how long.  But it isn't 'oh, was it January or February when I cleaned it last?' but rather more like 'Have I cleaned this thing since my kid was born twelve years ago?'

The stove is clean now.  Sort of.  I mean, twelve years of baked on stuff doesn't come off easy, but it is certainly cleaner than yesterday.

But I am running out of things I should clean.  There will be many days yet where I can find something that needs it but it has become clear that I have at most a month of reasonably useful cleaning before I will be doing absolutely pointless busywork. 

I just need somebody to come by my place and dump a potful of dirt on my floor every day so I can spend fifteen minutes cleaning up the mess and then proceed to gaming with my conscience free and clear.

Anyone want to volunteer?

4 comments:

  1. Can you do a different thing each day? For instance, Bathroom Mondays, floors Tuesday, dusting Wednesday, decluttering Thursday, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By 'stove' I think you actually mean 'oven' (and by the way, ours has a self-clean setting which might have saved you some scrubbing). Also...the stove still totally needs some cleaning. There. I've totally generated an extra day's worth of things to do :)

    Also...I'm totally willing to dump crap on the floor in the mornings, I'm just worried that I'll come home and have to clean it up myself at some point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever dusted the baseboards? They get dirty. I spent hours dusting yesterday and only got through about half of it - the half that needed dusting before the Christmas ornaments go up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sky,

    When you come over to my place for Farmageddon, I will have plenty for you to do to feel like you've done some work each day :)

    ReplyDelete