Monday, December 24, 2018

Small family Christmas

For many years now I have always done the big family Christmas thing.  Sometimes I was up north with my parents, sometimes I was in Toronto with Wendy's parents, but we invariably did the big thing.

Not this year.

We did a family celebration with Wendy's family on the 23rd, but for the 25th it will just be me, Pinkie Pie, and Wendy.  We are going to sit at home, play some Gloomhaven together, and make homemade pizza.

It is a watershed moment for my inlaws, I suspect, since they have always done family Christmas on the 25th with all the family that is available.  We just want to do something different, and honestly more our speed.  My little family has 3 introverts and we really enjoy just doing quiet things. 

Sometimes kids want all the things and all the fuss, but our small one (not so small, really, since she is now as tall as Wendy) likes minimal fuss.

We have our little tree with just a few presents under it.  It really feels like it matches us as a group, this year, because we are doing a little Christmas.

I am looking forward to a little Christmas a great deal.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds perfect! Doing it your way at last. How do I make a heart icon here?

    ReplyDelete